Gadi Zohar, Esq.
- Estate Planning 60%
- Probate and Trust Administration 30%
- Beneficiary Representation 10%
Gadi Zohar, Esq., is an experienced probate and estate planning lawyer in Palo Alto, California. He focuses on estate planning, trust administration and probate law exclusively. His practical advice and personalized solutions meet each client's unique needs.
He has experienced the probate process from both sides of the bench, having interned for the probate court and been the attorney for executors and estate administrators. His unique background as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist* can be invaluable when navigating family issues that often arise during probate. While he does everything possible to avoid litigation, he also has experience with contested probate matters.
He believes that well prepared legal instruments are essential to avoiding contested estate administration and probate matters. "Well prepared" means not only that the documents are legally sound, but also that they are likely to lead to a smooth process of estate administration.
Some legal instruments Gadi Zohar advises on include:
- Living trusts
- Advance health care directives
- Durable powers of attorney
- Professional wills for psychotherapists
Having the necessary documentation for your estate plan is essential - but it's not all you need. It is just as important to ensure that the tools you choose to implement your wishes work together in a coherent fashion during your life, at incapacity, and at death. As a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist*, Attorney Zohar is trained to hear your explicit goals as well as the concerns underlying your goals. This power of thorough listening makes Gadi Zohar, Esq., uniquely capable of creating an estate plan that achieves your ultimate goals - resulting in your peace of mind.
For the legal guidance you need on probate and related matters, call Gadi Zohar, Esq. today.
- Free initial consultations for estate planning
- Flat fee estate plans in most cases
*Gadi Zohar does not provide professional psychotherapy or psychological counseling.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California
- California Institute of Integral Studies, San Francisco, California
- M.A. - 1998
- Major: Integral Counseling Psychology
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- B.S. - 1994
- Major: Psychology
- California, 2010
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Conflict of Laws
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Federal Courts and Jurisdiction
- Got Premium? Costanza v. Commissioner and the Tax Treatment of Intrafamily SCINs Canceled by Death, California Trusts & Estates Quarterly, Vol. 15, No. 3, 2009
- Habitual Residence: An Alternative to the Common Law Concept of Domicile? , Whittier Journal of Child & Family Advocacy, Vol. 9, p. 169, 2010
- When a Psychotherapist Dies or Becomes Incompetent, Time is of the Essence and Patient Privacy is Paramount, California Trusts & Estates Quarterly, Volume 21, Issue 1, 2013
- Estate worth ~$20M - litigation avoidance planning
- Planning for support of adult child with addiction
- Administering trust with intense sibling tension
- Petition to modify trust after death of Settlor
- Probate with contested holographic will
- Palo Alto Area Bar Association, 2013 to Present
- San Mateo County Bar Association, 2011 to Present
- White Law, Law Clerk
- Temmerman, Cilley & Kohlmann, LLP, Trusts and Estates Attorney
- Hon. Mary Ann Grilli at Superior Court of California, Judicial Intern
- Honorable James Ware at United States District Court, Judicial Extern
- Therapy Referrals, LLC, CEO